Pages

19 August 2016

What's Going On In My Life

A recent entry in my journal
I don't expect this to be one of my more popular entries, but I figured for those who were curious I'd just give a quick update about things that are happening in my life right now...
  • Sarah's last day at work was Monday, and she flies out of California tomorrow. She doesn't know yet if she plans to come back next summer or not. It's easier this year than it was last year, knowing I'll be with her in only a couple of weeks.
  • My last day at work will be on 31 August. I cried when I gave my two weeks notice.
  • I went out recently to the San Jose Museum of Art with a girl I met on OkCupid. (Yeah, I gave in and reactivated my account...) I had a great time and highly recommend the museum's current exhibit if you can get to it! And now I know I can meet people online in person and do well.
  • Hung out in downtown Willow Glen with Sarah on Wednesday. We waited in line for an hour for an ice cream place called Icicles. It was good, but not 'wait for an hour' good. I expect this to happen to me at least once in New York.
  •  Last night, I went to an early showing of "Kubo and the Two Strings". It far exceeded my expectations, and I cannot recommend it enough. Go see it!
  • I've officially applied to every paying museum position that I qualify for in all five burroughs of New York City - including Staten Island! None of them have gotten back to me yet other than automated 'we got your resume' e-mails, but it took my current job a few weeks to contact me so I'm not too worried. My mother wants me to apply for some dental positions just in case.
  • I've got a couple apartment viewings scheduled in Brooklyn so hopefully I can find a place to stay soon. If not, there's always AirBnb for the time being.
  • Regina Spektor has a concert in New York in October and Sarah said she'd go with me. I hope tickets don't sell out before I get my next paycheck.
So that's my life lately
-Nym

No comments:

Post a Comment