Pages

07 September 2016

Good bye California...

via freeimages.com
In about 12 hours I will be stepping onto a plane and leaving California - perhaps not forever, but for what I hope is a very long time just because I wanna feel like my move has been successful.

It's... an odd feeling. It's been an odd week, saying good bye to all my friends and family and my cat (god am I going to miss that cat) and my job and places I have loved here in San Jose (like that little Korean restaurant down the street, or City Diner - honestly I feel like I've eaten out for most of my meals this week, and mostly it was other people paying for it). I'm really gonna miss it...

...but I actually find myself growing more and more excited for New York. I'm excited to be near Sarah again. I'm excited for all the museums I wanna visit. And I'm excited to start my job. (Oh, yeah, I got a part time dental reception job, though I'm still gonna keep looking because part time isn't gonna pay my rent.)

Still bummed about the cat though. She's on my lap as I type this and I can't quite come to terms with the fact that it might be the last time I'll have her in my lap.

The next you hear from me, I'll be in New York!
-Nym

No comments:

Post a Comment