Pages

14 February 2016

If You Were My Girlfriend...

  • We’d go on ghost tours of of our city. Not to be scared, but to come back to those “haunted” spots later, to leave white lilies for the ghosts, to say “we’re sorry someone hurt you”
  • You’d cuddle me under a wool blanket as we watched “X-Files” on a laptop when it was raining outside. We’d be eating take-out Chinese and I’d be doing my best not to spill on the blanket your grandma knit for you.
  • I’d travel across town to buy you soup from that one place (you know the one) when you had a cold.
  • We’d drive out to the country to see the stars. I’d point out my favourite constellations. You’d tease me for only knowing four. We’d make up our own constellations and see who could come up with the best myths for them.
  • I’d make you your own tea blend on Adagio teas, and spend hours coming up with the perfect add-ins to represent what I love about you. I’d make you mix CDs. I’d make you drawings. I’d make you daisy chains.
  • We’d go to art museums together and hold hands in front of the masterpieces. “Look,” I’d say, looking at the painting, “isn’t this beautiful?” “Yes,” you’d answer, looking only at my face, “it is.” I would grown and chide you for being so cheesy, but secretly I’d be thrilled.
-Nym-

No comments:

Post a Comment