Pages

19 October 2016

I Heart Regina Spektor


This entry will be brief. I just wanted to make it known that two nights ago, on 17 October 2016, I saw one of my favourite singers live at NYC's Town Hall venue.

I am a massive Regina Spektor fan, and when I found out she would be performing in NYC I bought tickets right away. She did not disappoint.

First off, Regina Spektor is my queen. She could murder me and I would thank her for it. She is ridiculously talented and innovative, she regularly does things in her music that other artists wouldn't even think of, and she transcends genre. She's so versatile. Her songs don't all sound the same.

Now that all makes for fabulous albums, but how is she live? Turns out the answer to that is transcendent. She's transcendent. She's amazing live. She's so talented.

The concert could not have been more perfect. She played my two favourite songs of hers ("Blue Lips" and "Us"). She played the first song of hers that I ever heard ("Apres Moi" is the reason I'm a Regina Spektor fan). And of course she played songs from her new album!

It's phenomenally unlikely she'll ever see this. But Regina, if you ever do somehow see this? Thank you so much for one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Thank you so much for gifting the world with your music. I love you.

-Nym

No comments:

Post a Comment