Pages

21 April 2016

Throwback: The Ship Meme

As many of you may know, I journal as a hobby. My journal is many things to me - a diary, a scrapbook, a sketchbook, a travel journal, a photo album, an experiment, a place to take notes and write fiction, etc. But overall it's the essence of my very soul. And as such, it holds a lot of memories.

I've been journaling for over a year now, and I'm currently on volume five. Today I was flipping through volume one in search of blogspiration and looked at what I put in on this day last year. And what I was writing about this time of 2015 was an ask meme that was going around on tumblr, wherein someone would ask you about your "ship"/"OTP" (if you don't know what that means, ask Dr. Google) and you would answer who in the pair would do what.

A side effect of being popular on tumblr and joking about being married to your best friend, however, is that people start to ship you. (Albeit jokingly - I think.) And so some little shit asked Sarah to answer these OTP questions about her and me.


Who in your OTP...

...drinks all the coffee?
She said I do. "I don't drink a lot of coffee". (My response was "this is true. I'm useless if I don't have like 2-4 cups of coffee every morning" which is... not true anymore, I've weaned myself down to one cup a day.)

...brings up adopting a pet?
She said I do. I supposed that out of the two of us I was more likely to do so, though I didn't expect us to be allowed to have any pets in the city. BUT. ONE YEAR LATER. She's actually the first one who brought up maybe someday getting a hedgehog, after visiting a hedgehog breeder on Long Island. I mean obviously, I agreed, but still she brought it up.

...kills the bugs?
She said I do. "I HATE BUGS AND SHE'S A HERO." I was flattered about being called a hero, and wrote "I have much more of a problem with spiders but for her I'd probably try to be brave even if I just end up going at it screaming like a banshee." I still hold that this is true, though whenever possible I'd try to remove the bugs peacefully instead of killing them. It's not their fault they were born looking like demonic hell beasts.

...cooks the meals?
She said, "...mmmmmeeee? We usually go out to eat, but I bake cakes sometimes... and I make curry... and she can't cook."  First off, rude. Second off, my response was, "She's right that I'm not a great cook, though I can manage some things. I do have a bunch of pinterest recipes pinned that I'd like to try when we live together, but if I'm being honest with myself they probably never will be made. I can fry eggs at least." Well joke is on past me, because I actually have been trying to get better at cooking. I'm still not very good at it but I can make pasta dishes and just yesterday I learned how to grill mushrooms. I don't think I'll ever be on the Food Network or anything, but I'm not the worst cook either. Still, she probably is better at it than me.

...starts getting into the holidays way before they should?
She again claimed it was me. "She's secretly a sucker for the holidays. (Shh don't tell her I told you.)" I said "LIBEL!!!" then and I say LIBEL!!! now. (If I'm being honest, I do get really into Halloween though. Like, really into it.)

...initiates the couple selfies?
She said, "Me. That one time. And maybe that other time." Back then, my response was, "I feel like we both tend to do this pretty equally."

...forgets the birthdays and anniversaries?
She claimed it was me, adding, "I forget everything. Literally everything. But I write most of it down!" This answer surprised me because I have a terrible memory, I only remember dates if I write them down, and I feel like Sarah is actually much better at remembering things than I am? It's an interesting dissonance to be sure.

...always ends up with too much junk food after grocery shopping?
Her response was two words. "Hm. Me." I agreed with this one because I tend to buy fairly healthy foods, though I'm also very stingy with grocery shopping anyway. It's not that I'm a health nut or anything (though I do get into those moods sometimes), it's more that I'm a vegetarian and the options for me tend to be in the health food section of the store anyway. BUT. I am also more likely to bring home "weird shit" like kvás or durian just to try it. (Side note - I actually fucking love kvás.)

...nicknames the other?
We both know this is me. Some of my nicknames for Sarah include "kochanie", "little songbird", "nerdlord", and "extra crispy french fry".

All in all, this was a fun peek backwards in time, and I might do more entries like this in the future...
-Nym-

No comments:

Post a Comment